Santa Monica Teeth Whitening
Having a smile with a brilliant white shine is something everyone wants. However, it can be difficult to get a white, bright and attractive smile on your own, even if you do a great job with your oral hygiene. The unfortunate reality is that our teeth become discolored over time due to things like the regular consumption of teeth-staining foods and drinks, taking certain medications or using tobacco.
If you’re unhappy with the appearance of your teeth because they’re dull, discolored or stained, our Santa Monica cosmetic dentistry practice can help! With professional teeth whitening at Best Natural Smile, you can get a whiter and brighter smile by spending just one hour with us. We can even supply you with an at-home whitening kit if you’d like to do the job yourself right in the privacy of your own home.
Professional Teeth Whitening Advantages
When looking for a way to get whiter teeth, many people try teeth whitening products they find on the shelves at their local pharmacies or grocery stores like toothpaste or special whitening pens. While these methods may help a little, professional teeth whitening with your Santa Monica dentist is more advantageous for two main reasons:
- Safety – When you visit us for teeth whitening, there’s never any need to worry about the safety of the treatment you’ll receive. In addition to being effective, our teeth whitening treatment is very safe. We’ll carefully cover your gums and the roots of your teeth so the whitening gel cannot damage them.
- Results – The professional teeth whitening treatment we offer is the most effective method available for making your teeth up to ten shades whiter. This treatment works by effectively removing stains and discoloration deep in the enamel on your teeth. Other methods can wear away the enamel, to make the teeth vulnerable to decay.
Our Professional Teeth Whitening Methods
We use a high-concentration bleaching gel that cannot be purchased at your local pharmacy or grocery store. This gel works by penetrating into the enamel to lift stains and discolorations away from the teeth without doing any damage to the enamel. The same effective gel is used for both our in-office and at-home teeth whitening, so you can expect the same results, regardless of which option you choose.
Our in-office teeth whitening will give you the fastest results using the most powerful whitening solution available. When you visit us to get your teeth whitened, we’ll begin by covering your gums and the roots of your teeth with a protective barrier to keep them safe. Then we’ll use a special appliance to keep your lips and cheeks away from your teeth. We’ll then apply the professional whitening gel containing hydrogen peroxide to your teeth. After a few minutes, we’ll clean the gel off your teeth, leaving you with a noticeably whiter and brighter smile you’ll love!
If you prefer whitening your teeth at home, we can provide you with a kit that contains everything you’ll need. While this method is effective, it can take up to several weeks to achieve the same results our in-office whitening offers.
To get started, we’ll take an impression of your teeth so that two whitening trays can be custom-made for you. We’ll tell you how to put the whitening gel into the trays and position the trays over your teeth while you bite down. You’ll be instructed to keep the trays in your mouth for about an hour so the gel can do its job. This process must be repeated over the course of several days to achieve the best possible results.
Caring for Your New White Smile
Naturally, you want your newly whitened smile to last for as long as possible. In order to maintain your white teeth, you should:
- Do a great job with your dental hygiene by thoroughly brushing & flossing your teeth every day.
- Avoid foods and drinks that can stain your teeth like beets, coffee, cola, and tea.
- Visit us twice a year for professional teeth cleaning.
- Avoid the use of tobacco.
Ready to Get Get Started? Contact Us Today!
Best Natural Smile is proud to provide professional teeth whitening to the residents of Santa Monica and the surrounding neighborhoods of West LA, Venice, Marina del Rey and Playa del Rey. To get started improving your smile for more self-confidence, just request an appointment with us today. We look forward to seeing you in our office soon!